Highlights from Spring/Summer 2016 Collections

Sunday, September 27, 2015

                                                 














 New York and London Fashion Weeks have just finished and Milan Fashion Week has just commenced. With lots of beautiful collections showcased and Sydney weather starting to warm up, there is definitely lots to look forward to in spring. These are the highlights from some of my favourite shows.












I loved Gucci's show with its bold use of colours and various fabrics. Quite quirky in its presentation with geek glasses and oxfords/loafers, it still managed to retain a romantic and feminine feel through intricate embroidery, pussy bows and restrained embellishment.


         

Then there was Temperley London, again quite romantic but casual. There breezy dresses and pants would be the perfect option to go for on a hot summer's day. I adored their embroidery and some mirror work and would wear them in a heartbeat.

  

Similar to Temperley London, Tommy Hilfiger's show screamed island life to me. But whilst Temperley's was more bohemian in nature, Tommy true to its brand went the preppy route. These dresses would easily fit in a cityscape as well.

                                                      
        

Zimmerman's show was another standout for me particularly their strappy detailing on the shoulders. Their victorian inspired pieces with florals and embossed leather are quite wearable.



Marchesa wasn't a standout show for me and I wasn't a fan of their more darker pieces like the one below. The show did however have some feminine pastel pieces (above) that looked quite dreamy and certainly got my attention. I can't wait to see them out of the runway. 
                                                                            


Reem Acra's collection wasn't exactly 'Ready to Wear' but it did evoke quite a bit of nostalgia for me. The bold colours, embellishment and golden/silver trims screamed Indian/Middle Eastern to me and I think I need to somehow find Indian version of these outfits so I can wear them. Some of these dresses will translate beautifully into Indian Sarees and Suits.

        

Last but not the least, Altuzarra didn't exactly blow me away but definitely got points for wearability. I loved their linen crinkled dresses and tie dye prints.

Tell us about your favourite collection or if you plan on incorporating any of these pieces into your wardrobe !

We also got featured on Independent Fashion Bloggers top 20 list. Here are some top posts:

Links à la Mode, September 24
SPONSOR: Amazon's Shopbop BLK DNM, Line & Dot, Ulla Johnson, Chan Luu, Three Dots, A Line Skirts, Black Flare Jeans, Fringe Booties, Mini Bags, Men's Theory

You Might Also Like

0 comments