The new neutral - Khaki

Monday, October 05, 2015



We can all unanimouly agree that khaki has been the flavor of 2015 with military style pieces stacking up the store shelves and the more subtle, feminine pieces adorning this colour as well. Missguided even has these heels in khaki on discount.  







                                With Khaki being used so generously in the sartorial sphere, we can agree that the colour has pushed its way to being treated as somewhat of a neutral this season. So if you are a neutral loyalist, why not change things up just a little with the addition of this gorgeous shade to your wardrobe. Pair it up with any colour like you would a neutral or stick to black/white for more subdued looks. Fore me, with leather making its comeback last year, this pairing of classics was what I chose to favour.










Lucky for us Sydneysiders, H&M and Forever21 have opened their doors to us, making staying on trend a whole lot easier. If you want your Khaki fix I definitely recommend hitting up H&M for their array of chinos, skinny jeans and slinky cargos like the one shown above. The fabric is soft and manages to fall beautifully underneath the faux leather top (Asos)  I adore for its more muted appearance. Lastly, as an ode to the hidden combat in me, I paired this outfit with these animal printed heels you would remember from here. The fundamental style of these heels is hard to miss in stores these days however it's the animal print that made them stand out for me.







You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Love the unexpected combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right.. I added a bunch of khaki pants/jacket this season already to my wardrobe..can't wear them enough! I love these photos of you btw... it looks like you have halo all around you!

    Jessica. || www.mycubiclechic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Keen to check out your take on this khaki trend :) Thanks a lot about the photos! I love your layout of photos too! The way you always put them up in a grid sort of format !



      Delete
  3. I'm a big fan of military green right now too! Can I just say how perfect these shoes are?! Love!

    www.betweentheracks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love ! Yeh its everywhere!! military pants have made a big comeback ! Im not a fan of leopard print too much but it looks really good on accessories like shoes and bags doesnt it?

      And just checked that you're an engineer like me too!

      Cheers to that !

      Delete
  4. The look is elegant and simply at the same time!
    Many thanks for your kind comment on my blog. Do you want to follow each other?
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete