Channeling Your Inner Garden Nymph

Wednesday, April 27, 2016














In light of one of my favourite childhood stories being in the cinemas this week, I decided to channel my inner Mogli.

I turned a year older a few weeks ago and although that does not necessarily equate to me being any wiser, I would like to believe a few things have changed. Take for example, my transformation from  a city lover to a wannabe garden nymph.

For a major part of my teen years, I remember being attracted to the hustle and bustle of city life, the whole gossip girl lifestyle-coffee and chaos included. I hated anything remotely ‘outdoorsy’ and on one memorable occasion, decided to skip on the gorgeous views of the Great Ocean Road because I didn’t want to get wet in the rain.

As I enter the last of my teenage years, I can safely say that what I thought was an inherent part of my personality was nothing more than a phase. Teenage years tend to do that. A lot of things that happen between 14-17 especially, seem to appear concrete and solid when in fact they are usually just fleeting fancies that don’t last much longer than a couple of years.

Transitioning into university, meeting a wider group of people, travelling and working all have a way of zoning out a lot of the things you thought you enjoyed. It also has a way of putting you in situations that you normally would never encounter or are accustomed to. In the past year, I’ve listened to alcohol and narcotic addicts talk about their struggles, spoken to sex workers about issues that impact them, chased politicians for interviews and even had a terrifying mountain biking experience.

High School can really be so limiting and coming out of it can make you feel like you spent your life living under a rock. I want to spend my nineteenth year muting out more of things I felt I needed to do as a teenager, wanting to fit in and get a chance to see what all I’ve been missing out on. I’m going to look at it as the last 366 days to wreak havoc with minimal responsibility before the 20s hit.

The above photographs are from one of the many mini adventures we have been on over the last few weeks in a bid to escape the mundane reality of deadlines, essays and my never ending to-do list.


Our last post was featured among these lovely articles. Check them out and the talented bloggers behind them.



Links à la Mode, April 14

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. That dress is beautiful on you and totally Garden Nymph style. We grow up in so many ways it's wonderful to reflect back and see where we have been. Continue to grow and experience new things, the journey is amazing!

    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous photos and such an amazing dress!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty look!!!! Such whimsical and ethereal photos!



    Amber
    All the Cute 🎀
    Today's Post: Lemon Print Dress, Customized With eShakti

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks like a fun place to explore! you look super lovely in that dress!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an amazing place. Lovely dress

    Happy Thursday!! Kisses,
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing photos!

    XX,
    Melissa from http://roseoffashion.de/

    ReplyDelete