Jeans of the Day - Straight LegSunday, February 26, 2017
Every decade has its own pair of jeans.
The 90s and 2000s were characterised by the bell bottoms or the boot-leg. Then in the 2010s came their successor, the skinny jeans, a style so widely loved that it left little room for other styles on the store shelves. Ever since the skinny style took over, it's been hard to find a replacement that matches up to its' impact and while no other style has been as consistently loved, some variations have still managed to come close. Namely, my favourite and the ever so flattering - boyfriend jeans. As someone who never really warmed up to skinny jeans (over all these years, I never posted about them until recently), the boyfriend version was my saviour.
Recently, two new shapes have caught my attention - the mom and straight leg jeans. Although I haven't yet tried the former, I bought a pair of the latter from Glassons. I admit this style is not universally flattering and I myself was surprised to find the fit suit my body shape. So for now, I have certainly embraced them.
Being an unashamed outfit repeater, I paired them with this draped top I've worn many times before. To describe my habits in the words of my friend, "Do you wear that dress everywhere? It's all over your Instagram since past few weekends." Well what can I say, I'm aiming for minimalism in my closet!
Speaking of repetitions, I purchased these Zara heels from Bonn, Germany during our recent European travels and have been truly living in them. I have a similar high heeled version that although looked gorgeous left my feet in miserable condition. Some earrings and a thin bracelet later, here it is, the post for you guys.
I am trying to enjoy this unique time in fashion when for once, we aren't restricted to only one style of jeans. Tell me whats your go to jeans style?
This post also got nominated for Links a la Mode, have a look below !
- Aesthetic Distance: Beret of Light
- April Was Here: Cold Shoulder Top
- Economy of Style: How to Wear a Wrap Dress as a Cardigan
- Everest Says: Behind the Scenes - ELLE SG X UNIQLO
- Fashionista Mama: Off the Shoulder Collar Shirt
- Finite 1: How To Transition Your Wardrobe From Winter To Spring
- Hampton Roads: Take It Easy | Classic Striped Top x Comfy Ankle Pants
- I'm a Norbyah: Style Minute: The Jeans and Dress Combo
- Kurvy Katie: SAG Awards 2017 Nominee's Beauty Challenge: Uzo Aduba
- Mostly Morgan: 7 Ways to Make Cheap Clothes Look Expensive
- Style Mouse: March 2017 Fashion Magazine Roundup
- Sweet Teal: Embroidered for the Year
- Tales of Two Blog: Jeans of the Day - Straight Leg
- Thrive Lounge DC: How to Find Time in Your Busy Schedule for Social Media